The bathroom is always humid, which may require dehumidifier application to dry out excessive moisture. Another problem that will occur due to the high humidity in your bathroom is the offensive odor emanating. Using the best air purifier for the bathroom or toilet as recommended by consumer reports and experts is a solution to resolve this situation. The only thing you need to do is read through our guide to understand how this device (air purifiers) helps refresh your bathing room and check the top listed products on the market to pick the best product if you want to buy one.
Top 5 Best Air Purifiers For Bathroom Reviews
After thorough research on thousands of air purifiers suitable for the bathroom, here are top air purifiers you should know about:
1. Pure Enrichment Pure Zone air purifier
The Pure Enrichment Pure Zone air purifier can ensure quality air in your bathroom and sanitize air from 99.7% of smoke, dander, pollen, pet, and dust. In addition, this air purifier has a built-in UV-C light for eliminating viruses, bacteria, and other illness-causing microorganisms. It is also energy efficient and has an easy-to-use button to help you minimize energy consumption and usage flexibility. So, when you buy this air purifier, you get to enjoy a 3-in-1 air purifier, a 3-in-1 filter, UV-C light bulb, and a five-year guarantee.
- 3-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean and sanitize your air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Pre-filter and activated carbon filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C light
- BUILT-IN UV-C LIGHT: Adds a deeper level of air sanitation by destroying illness-causing microorganisms with up to 98.3% effectiveness
- 3 FAN SPEEDS: Use the easy touch-button control panel to find your optimal fan setting with low, medium, and high options
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT & EASY TO USE: Touch-button technology allows you to choose between 3 fan speeds and 3 timer settings to save energy or run continuously
- WHAT YOU GET: 3-in-1 air purifier, 3-in-1 filter, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
The manufacturer gives the product a five-year warranty speaks volumes that this air purifier is designed to last for an extended period. So, with a pure enrichment purezone air purifier in your bathroom, you can be assured of not spending additional cost repair provided you follow the user guidelines.
- Quiet operation
Unlike some air purifiers, the pure enrichment purezone air purifier does not make noise. It comes with two fan settings to ensure it does not interfere with your everyday activities. The available speed is:
- Speed 1 – 30 dB
- Speed 2 – 40 dB
- Speed 3 – 50 dB
These are all suitable for light sleepers or those that find it difficult to sleep when their device sound is loud.
The pure enrichment purezone air purifier is best for rooms under 180 square feet.
2. LEVOIT Air Purifier
The LEVOIT Air Purifier has a core 300 true HEPA purifier that allows you to enjoy the fresh air. In addition, to make a cleaner friendly environment, the air purifier does not use UV-C light that researchers conclude to be harmful to human health and responsible for secondary pollution.
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Silent air cleaner
LEVOIT air purifier has a night mode setting that allows it to work through the night without disturbing your sleep.
- Multiple filter choice
The LEVOIT air purifier comes with different filter selections for you to choose from and use. You have the liberty to select filters that meet your needs. For instance, if you are a pet owner, try the pet allergy filter to capture pet dander and other offensive odor in your bathroom.
The LEVIOT air purifier is suitable for small and medium bathrooms.
3. KOIOS Air Purifier
The KOIOS air purifier is suitable for any section of the home. You can use it in your living room, bedroom, and bathroom. It is designed to remove allergies, smoke, pet dander and transform your bathroom odor for the best. It comes in white color, and it has a dimension of 7.5 x 6.9 x 6.9 inches and uses corded electricity as a power source.
- TRUE HEPA AIR PURIFIER - Filters out dust, pollen, and pet dander. This air purifier filters particles as small as 0.3 microns and larger air pollution of PM 2.5, helping to improve overall health. Perfect for pet owners, babies, children, the elderly, or anyone wanting to improve the air quality in their home, office or hotel room. The perfect holiday, birthday, house-warming gifting choice for parents, adult children, colleagues, and friends.
- ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY AIR CLEANER - Equipped with 3-Stage Filtration system including Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter can effectively remove odor and smoke, such as pet odor, cigarette smoke and cooking odor around your living space and zero Ozone emission certified by California Air Resources Board.
- 360° DEEP PURIFICATION - Efficient air intake and discharge maximize fresh and healthy air provided to all directions, improving the air circulation in your room. It can clean 55 cubic meter air per hour in normal mode and consume less than 0.002 units of power.
- EASY OPERATE, SIMPLE DESIGN - Using this air purifier couldn't be easier. It takes one single press of the same button to turn it on/off and control the fan speed. The minimalist design makes it look elegant and sleek anywhere and fit any style of room decor. The low power consumption means it's more than affordable to run all day. Please NOTE: Press the button for 4 seconds to Turn ON/OFF the night light when the machine is running.
- WHISPER QUIET, ENERGY-SAVING - At quiet mode, the noise is controlled under 25dB with the cutting-edge noise reducing fan blade design. You will barely be able to hear it at arm's length. And it consumes only 0.192 units of electricity with a rated power of 8W, and it would be even much less in quiet mode. (NOTE: If you have any questions, just simply get in touch with customer service.)
Easy operate KOIOS air purifier is easy to operate and has less complicated settings. For instance, the on/off fan speed is configured into one button, making it easy to use the device.
- Environment friendly
Conscious of your environment? Then the KOIOS air purifier is what you need for your bathroom. It is equipped with a 3-stage filtration system with a pre-filter, TRUE HEPA filter, and activated carbon that can efficiently and effectively remove odor, pet odor, and other unpleasant smells in your bathroom. Also, the KOIOS has zero ozone emission, and it is certified by the California Air Resources Board.
- True HEPA air purifier
The KOIOS filters out 99.97% of dust, mold spores, and pet dander, making it a suitable air purifier for the bathroom and other home segments. It can also filter particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5, which implies that your bathroom will smell nice and offer assurance eliminating bacteria and viruses that can cause harm to your health.
- The filter is expensive to replace
So, when you are using the KOIOS for your bathroom, always ensure you handle the filter with care, especially during cleaning.
4. Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
The Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter air purifier comes in full black color and weighs 8.55 pounds. It has 10.25 x 6.75 x 21.5 inches and uses corded electricity as its power source. The air purifier can eliminate 99.97% of harmful germs, pet dander, odor in the bathroom using UV C lights to eradicate influenza, rhinovirus, and staph viruses.
- 4 IN 1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter. Bulb wattage is 55W. Construction: Plastic
- REDUCES ODORS Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
5. Hamilton Beach – TrueAir Purifier
With 1.2 pounds, the Hamilton Beach TrueAir Plug-Mount Nightlight is all you need to freshen up your bathroom. It uses a cord electric as a power source and is 8.7 x 5.9 x 3.8 inches. This air purifier uses a green meadow cartridge to give your bathroom a fresh scent and replace unwanted smells in and outside the bathroom.
Aside from purifying the air and eliminating odor, the Hamilton Beach TrueAir Plug-Mount Nightlight has an in-built nightlight that can be used to lighten up your hallways, bathroom, and other areas in the home.
- Quiet and Efficient: Quiet Fan Pulls In Unwanted Smells That Are Trapped and Neutralized by the Replaceable Carbon Filter, Bringing Fresh Air Back Into Your Home.
- Fresh Scent: The Green Meadow Cartridge Offers a Light, Fresh Scent That Replaces Unwanted smells
- Illuminate Dark Areas: Built-In Nightlight Is Multi-Functional and Great for Hallways, Bathrooms, Bedrooms or Other Places in the Home.
- Traps and Neutralizes Common Household Odors: Terrific for Eliminating Kitchen, Bathroom, Pet, and Tobacco smells. Also Good for Workrooms and Trash Rooms.
- Easy to Use: Simple On/Off Switch .Unit Plugs Directly Into Any 110 Volt Outlet.
Benefits of Having an Air Purifier in the Bathroom
There are countless reasons why every homeowner should have an air purifier installed in the bathroom. Aside from making your bathroom smell nice, other reasons why you should install an air purifier include:
- Dust control
You can’t rule out having dust in your home, especially your bathroom. Installing an air purifier using a HEPA filter makes it easy to trap airborne particles that make up dust. These include mold, dust mites, pest debris, hair, human skin cells, to name a few. However, with an air purifier installed in your bathroom, you can be assured that there will be less dust in the bathroom. Also, this will help you spend lesser time and reduce the number of hours dedicated to cleaning the bathroom, especially if the air purifier has a HEPA filter.
- Air purifiers remove smelling odors
Having the latest fixtures and fittings in your bathroom without ensuring the odor inside your bathroom is pleasant is not good enough. Many factors can make your bathroom smell bad, including poor ventilation, lack of proper maintenance and cleaning of the bathroom space, leaking pipe, amongst others. When your bathroom has poor ventilation, it means there is little air coming in, which will make the bathroom look stuffy and untidy. In addition, the leaking pipe will lead to a discharge of waste and poor flow of water, making wastewater stagnated while the bathroom emits a foul odor. To purify and remove foul odor from your bathroom, you need to install an air purifier to make your bathroom smell better. When you use an air purifier that includes an activated carbon filter, it will eliminate odor-causing molecules, enable your bathroom to smell fresh, and also, you won’t have to rely on air fresheners at all times solely.
- Removal of harmful toxins
For your health’s sake, you need to install air purifiers in your bathroom. The human body is exceptionally delicate, and when exposed to harmful toxins, it can affect virtually every part of the body, especially the eyes and lungs. These harmful toxins can be in the bathroom due to the materials used in making the bathroom fixtures and fittings, and these toxins can be in the bathroom for more than a year. So, when you constantly inhale them, it will gradually damage your body system. However, you can eliminate their potency by installing an air purifier in your bathroom. An air purifier with activated carbon will quickly absorb volatile organic chemicals from the air to ensure these harmful toxins don’t get into your body system.
- Air purifiers trap bacteria and viruses
Like any part of the home, there are millions of tiny viruses and bacteria flying around in the bathroom. When not properly managed, they can cause different degrees of sickness. So, since you can’t rule out viruses and bacteria in your bathroom, you need to install an air purifier, especially the ones with ultraviolet light, to help you trap and destroy bacteria and viruses that can be harmful to your overall health well being.
How To Choose The Best Air Purifier For Your Bathroom
The primary purpose why many people buy an air purifier for the bathroom is to make the air in the bathroom healthy. However, considering the expanding air-purifying market and the influx of different manufacturers and brands available in stores, then you must understand your air-purifying need before buying any brand.
Here are some reasons to consider Air Purifiers For Bathroom Odors when choosing the best air purifier for your bathroom:
Air Purifiers For Bathroom Odors
- 1. Does your bathroom need an air purifier? It is the first question you need to ask yourself before buying an air purifier for your bathroom. That you see an air purifier in your neighbor’s home doesn’t mean you need one. For instance, your neighbor might install an air purifier in the bathroom because of poor ventilation, whereas you need it because of foul odor or allergies.vAlso, since different manufacturers produce air purifiers, before buying one from the store, inquire about the air purifier that can meet your needs. It could be because of allergies, chemical sensitivity, smoke, and asthma. For instance, if you need an air purifier for your bathroom because of allergies, you should choose an air purifier designed for allergies relief.
- 2. What Size Air Purifier Do I Need? The size of the bathroom will influence the type of air purifier you will buy for your bathroom. So, before picking your air purifier, measure the bathroom width and length to have a scope of what you will be buying. For instance, for a bathroom size up to 299 square, you need a small air purifier, while for a room size of up to 350 square, you need a medium-sized air purifier.
- 3. Features You Need In Your Air Purifier: Once you’ve identified why you need an air purifier and the perfect size for your bathroom, the next stage is to consider the features and capability of your bathroom air purifier. Some of the features you should look out for include:
- 4. Energy consumption: To minimize the cost of power consumption. It is advisable to purchase an air purifier that is energy-star certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- 5. Wi-Fi-enabled air purifier: With a Wi-Fi-enabled air purifier, you will be able to easily control the air purifier through your phone without getting into the bathroom.
- 6. Air quality indicators: Does the air purifier have air quality indicators? It’s always best to buy one that will give you accurate information on air quality instead of guessing. The benefit of purchasing an air purifier with an air quality indicator is that you will know when the air within your bathroom is healthy and when the quality drops, helping you save energy usage.
- 7. Air purifier maintenance cost: Air purifier cost is not limited to power consumption cost only. Aside from power consumption, other prices you have to consider whenever you buy an air purifier include the cost of filter or bulb replacement. It is essential because of manufacturers’ design and the air purifier’s bulb lifespan usage. Some air purifier’s bulbs can serve for six months, while some can serve up to a year. Also, regarding the filters, some air purifiers come with filters that can be cleanable, while some are washable. So, to ensure your air purifier works optimally, you must strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions and clean the filters when clogged with dust.
How To Maintain Your Bathroom Air Purifier For Prolonged Life Span?
The average lifespan of an air purifier is within 2-3 years. However, you can still have your air purifier working at 100%, even after five years with proper maintenance. To enjoy your air purifier for an extended period, all you need is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Also, another factor that will determine how you operate and maintain your air purifier is purifier type and model. So, let us let’s take a look at different types of air purifiers and their maintenance tips:
Electrostatic air purifiers
This type of air purifier is inexpensive and very easy to maintain. However, since it does not come with filters, then to keep using it for an extended period, you need to wash the plates regularly. This is generally once a week to keep them in good shape. How do you clean the plates? This process is quite simple, and all you need to do is bring out the system carefully. Once you finish this process, place it gently into the dishwasher. But in the absence of that, you can submerge it into a bathtub, then let it soak a bit before washing out the dirt off the plate.
Pre-Filters and HEPA Filters
This type of air purifier is quite different from the electrostatic air purifier. Unlike the electrostatic, air purifiers of this nature use filters to clean the air, eliminate odor and make your bathroom or any other part of your bathroom smell good. The filter air purifier can be divided into three types: pre-filters, HEPA filters, and carbon filters.
There are two maintenance methods for pre-filter air purifiers to keep the machine in good shape for an extended period. The first option is replacing washing the filter, while the second option is replacing it. However, replacing the older filter will enhance the air purifier performance and serve well instead of consistently using the same old filter.
Compared to the HEPA filters, the pre-filter air purifier features a weave looser. This weave looser is used mainly in trapping only massive particles, thus allows the pre-filter to function correctly, thus contributing to the HEPA filter’s durability and preventing the HEPA filter from getting clogged quickly.
- HEPA filters
Unlike the pre-filters designed to trap large particles, the HEPA filter primarily traps small particles, making the critical part of the air purifier function. Also, because of this, the HEPA filters are expensive to replace. To ensure the HEPA serves well, always clean it frequently and ensure it is dust-free.
With this review, you should have a good idea of where to get started while shopping for the perfect air purifier for your bathroom. This is one of the best appliances out there for getting rid of bathroom odors.
Also Read Related Posts: