Coping at a high temperature can be pretty challenging, and the facts still hold, heat levels increase daily.
Every day it becomes worse as the depletion of the ozone layer (which is supposed to be the protective layer for the earth’s crust) is degrading by human activities.
Therefore cooling your surroundings turns inevitable! While air conditioners were primary options, popularly used to reduce heat levels, the cost of affording one makes someone think twice.
A close substitute to AC is for you to opt for the best whole evaporative cooler, which is less expensive to acquire, low running (reduce energy consumption), and maintenance cost.
A regular evaporative cooler is more eco-friendly than an air conditioner because it does not release gases that can compromise the air you breathe.
One primary reason to pick a swamp cooler is a secondary name for evaporative coolers, no installation required, out of the box ready for use. Besides, a high-grade model can serve both indoor and outdoor use, but air conditioning cannot.
In this article, we will expose you to our whole-house evaporative cooler reviews consumer reports. This list consists of high-quality and top-rated products. We advise you read the guide carefully to discover the best available one that meets your requirement.
Top 7 Best Whole House Evaporative Cooler Reviews
1. Hessaire MC37M Evaporative Cooler
Special features – Air swing louvers, 3,100 CFM, 950 sq ft, three-sided cooling pads, etc.
An entire house cooling is made possible via this top product from the Hessaire brand. This MC37 delivers extreme cooling to wherever places it is mount.
The 3,100 cubic feet per minute airflow account for its performance as an excellent whole house evaporation device to reduce temperature level for maximal relaxation.
It is equipped with three-speed controls, plus oscillating louvers for distribution and extensive coverage.
To refill it, you have two methods. You can decide to add water manually or, better still, attached a garden to the continuous supply option for water to enter from your home water reservoir system into the tank.
For supercharged cooling and more extensive area coverage, we recommend the Hessaire MC37M because of its three-sided cooling pads.
- Oscillating air circulation
- Three fan speed (Low, Med, and Hi)
- Simple to maintain
- Easy to operate
- Sturdy and durable design
- Four caster locking wheels
- 10.3-gallon size for up to 4hrs operation
- Brass garden hose
- 59 dB maximum noise level
- ETL safety certification
- Relatively expensive
- Bulky size
- No remote control
2. Honeywell 588-647 CFM Portable Evaporative Tower Cooler
Special features: Washable filter, Remote control, wattage: 145 watts, etc.
Though you can use this product for the living room and bedroom if you’re looking for a typical garage or basement evaporative cooler, this Honeywell 588 never disappoints when it comes to these area applications.
This device is not used in humid climates but for dry/ hot weather conditions where the humidity levels are less than (<) 60 %. Therefore, ideal for Midwest and Southwest regions in the United States.
The tower design is space-saving, thanks to the slim construction that fits even the tightest corners. It comes with smooth-gliding wheels that let users transport it anywhere within their room.
Apart from serving as an evaporative cooler, it also doubles as a fan system to deliver fresh cool breeze and also as a humidifier to raise indoor humidity levels.
The size of the machine doesn’t mean it is expensive but only costs around $369+.
- Three-in-one device ( air cooler, fan, and humidifier)
- A 12-gallon capacity tank system
- Digital control with remote operation
- A washable filter reduces dust
- Timer setting up to 7.5 hours
- Continuous refilling option
- The tall design needs carefulness to move around to avoid falling
3. The Briza – Air Cooler
In this discussion, the Briza is one of the best whole-house evaporative coolers, equipped with intuitive features for day-to-day heat extraction.
It is a triple functionality device, meaning you’re getting more value for the money to be spent if you finally land the Briza.
A reduce humidity level would cause you breathing discomfort and other skin-related conditions. Still, since the Briza combines a humidifying capacity, you’ll be protected from low humidity symptoms as it moisturizes the air.
Optionally, you can choose the fan-only mode if you don’t want to evaporate your atmosphere.
Moving further, both outdoor/ indoor, conveniently use the Briza air cooler without any shortcoming. The most important thing, lightweight to carry around, though lacking mobility wheels.
We recommend this whole house evaporative cooler as the most potable and most affordable from our review list. If these characteristics fall in your requirement, then why wait again?
- Compact design
- 80-degree air swing distribution
- 3 – speed fan
- 8-liter tank
- Has a remote
- Handles for easy moving
- Reduce energy bill
- for indoor and outdoor use
- made with durable plastic materials
- No wheels
- 2.1-gallon size
4. Hessaire MC61M Evaporative Cooler
Special features: 14.6 gallons, 5,300 CFM, ETL safety Certify, Oscillating louvers
This is for those looking for an evaporative cooler that cools down a space measuring up to 1,600 square feet. The engineering of this Hessaire is classic and modern for urban settings, though the big size could be a concern for most people who don’t like giant footprints.
The 5,300 cubic feet per minute blowing capacity ensures faster homes are cooling, and also, with a three-sided cooling pad, air reaches virtually all corners of where it is placed.
To refill the Hessaire MC61M water tank, you’ve two options: the manual method and the continuous hose. There’ll be minor checking on the machine when opting for the constant water supply method while ensuring your device doesn’t run with an empty tank.
- Easy to roll wheels
- Powerful home cooling
- Large coverage capacity
- Variable speed levels
- Top cup holder to store your drinks during relaxation
- Relatively big size
5. NewAir Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Fan & Humidifier
The NewAir is not that expensive compared to most previous products, making it budget-friendly and affordable.
The size is quite extensive and may not be ideal for those who live in tight rooms. If your apartment size is not more than 300 square feet, the NewAir can be considered.
This device only has a manual method of water filling. The tank is located at the back of the machine, and it is easy to access, and refilling is not tricky.
Buying this as your choice of air cooler means you’ll be cleaning the filters occasionally and also replace them when it is terrible. The manual instruction indicates the duration for filter replacement.
- It is cheap
- Remote control offers comfort
- Easy transporting caster-wheels
- Evaporation, fanning, and humidifier in one device
- Big footprint
6. Honeywell 525-790CFM
Many of the cooling options discussed so far are amazing, but if you want a product from a renowned brand, we are glad to introduce you to the Honeywell 525.
The gray color finishing blends with any interior design thus will complement your settings.
The device is 33.7 inches in height by 13.9 inches in width. Giving these statistics show that the appliance won’t require too much space placement.
While most competitive products allow for only manual control, you can take this opportunity to upgrade to this Honeywell that offers a remote controlling operation to ease usage.
It is not that it won’t work in humid climates, but the best result is used in hot or dry climate conditions, making it suitable for those living in the Midwest or Southern of the UNITED STATES.
Thanks to the ice compartment affording this privilege, you can decide to use an ice cube alongside as you evaporate your air.
There are many good sides to having this as your best evaporative whole house cooler, but we cannot detail all specs. However, you can check some customer reviews on the product page.
- Has a remote
- Mesh filter last long
- Empty tank indicator
- Has ice compartment
- Four fan speed control
- Adjustable humidity control
- For outdoor and indoor rooms
- Not for large rooms
- Poor performance in humid surroundings
7. Portable Evaporative Air Cooling
Summarizing this whole house evaporative review comes this portable space-saving unit. It is made with high-quality industry-standard materials and a sturdy design. The wheels are solid and help you move the device around without missing your direction.
While using this Kimviento machine, you can add ice or cold water into the tank to enhance home air cooling. It has a turbo spiral air duct which makes distribution air three-dimensional, ensuring broader coverage.
This machine only uses the manual control method. As such, those who love digital control may look for alternatives such as the Honeywell 525 and the NewAir Portable Cooler as the best choice.
Other robust features make it a great home cooling device, and we advise you to check out on the next page.
- Portable design
- 4-liter tank
- Easy to operate manual control
- 12 years expectancy life cycle
- A bit bulky
- For indoor use, ensure the windows are open to lower the current temperature level.
What Are Evaporative Air Coolers?
This device uses an evaporation process to reduce heat from the air. When it releases cool vapor air into the atmosphere, it absorbs heat powerfully, and overtimes, temperature levels drop significantly, resulting in extraordinary relaxation.
The good thing, using treated water is optional, ordinary tap water is good, but it should be soft water. Please don’t use more hard water as it contains minerals deposits, creating white mist droplets on the home floor or other surfaces.
Why Buy A Good A Whole House Evaporative Cooler?
On the market, you’ll come across a whole house and portable air coolers, which are the two kinds that may draw your attention.
Portable evaporative coolers are great for single rooms cooling and personal space. They have a less coverage area, are not expensive, and are not heavy to move around the home.
On the other hand, if you want to cool a larger atmosphere surface (entire house), nothing works better than a whole-house evaporative cooler. They are bigger, but some models come with handles and rolling wheels to quickly move them around your property.
Generally, whether the portable or whole-house model, none of them requires installation.
How To Choose The Right Whole House Evaporative Cooler?
- Coverage area: The size of your space is directly proportional to the supposed whole-house evaporative you intend to pick. What you need to do? Measure the length and breadth of your room. Multiply the values together (L x B) square feet. The final you get, for instance, 1000 square feet, then look for the exact figure or a slightly higher as a suitable.
- Weight: If you are frequently moving, choose a unit that’s not too heavy to transport, although most units, wherever they are /mounted, can still circulate cool fresh air all over the enclosed space.
- Dimension: This refers to the size of the product. It is always denoted in L x H X W and the unit of measurement in centimeters. To check this on amazon, navigate to the bottom of the product page. Locate where they wrote product specifications. You’ll see this information.
- Auto shut off: This is a good feature that turns the device off once the water level is low, so it does not run without water, which helps save power consumption.
- Timer settings: This is similar to auto shut off as it helps in saving energy costs. With this feature, you can set the device’s operation duration, and once the cycle is completed, it goes off immediately.
- Continuous refilling option: If you’re able to find a whole-house evaporative air cooler that supports connection to your home plumbing, that will be an advantage as you won’t need to add water to the device manually.
We are glad you can read this article on the best whole house evaporative cooler to this point, and this is a conviction that you are really in need of one to cool your home. It is, therefore, going to be a wise decision if you don’t’ let price hinder you from buying the right one. Why? Because most of the reliable products are costly due to the robust features they have.
Since we know people try to run away from expensive items, the products reviewed above comes relatively affordable as we look at their price and relevant details before picking them. Hence, you can decide from the list for the appropriate one or choose this Hessaire MC37M as our recommendation.