A mini dehumidifier for the bathroom should be a necessity in every home that desires comfortable. Want to know why? The bathroom is one of the places that hardly gets dry because we often carry out activities like laundry, bathing, etc., daily. These reasons make a bathroom often contain high humidity, attracting mold spores and other unhealthy organisms.
Many people who assume that an air conditioner is an alternative for drying water than a dehumidifier have misconceptions, as AC functions best in cooling homes. Although an air conditioner can extract a minute of moisture, however, the best option for you is to go for a mini dehumidifier that will perfectly fit into your bathroom or other indoor areas.
Whether AC is a substitute tool for dehumidifiers, it can never be a helpful dehumidifier. The good news, you don’t have to run into debt to get an effective dehumidifier because you can get a functional mini dehumidifier for your bathroom at a low price. Findings also show that homes having dehumidifiers in their bathrooms have more conducive indoor temperatures than homes that don’t. So if you’ve doubted whether a dehumidifier works or not, then you should start thinking of getting one today.
Top 6 Best Mini Dehumidifier for Bathroom Reviews
1. Seavon Electric Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom.
Easy cleaning, energy effective, easy usage, and body quality are the unique features that distinguish this brand from other products. The Seavon is one of the best mini dehumidifiers you can own because it works quickly and quietly, making it perfect for working environments or during nighttime. In addition, this device is portable and can be used in the kitchen, basement, sitting room, bedroom, etc., apart from bathroom use.
Another attractive feature of Seavon is its large water tank, making it possible for it to operate for over 24 hours without emptying the tank. Furthermore, its auto shut system makes it easy to detect when the water tank needs emptied. This device also has a quick responder button that allows you to control its settings.
Although this product guarantees two years of express satisfaction, there are strict maintenance tips that, if not carefully followed, can lead to product damage. Some of these tips are, the device should not work above 12 hours at a goal when operating in an indoor environment where the temperature level is high. Also, there is a round plastic bit in the middle of the tank that indicates a full water tank (water sensor). Please do not touch it.
- High-Efficiency Work: Portable dehumidifier designed with 1500ml capacity tank extracts up to 500ml daily in (86°F, 80%RH) enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- Auto Shut off Function: Electric dehumidifiers shut-off automatically when full water. Light would turn YELLOW when the water tank needs draining. Turn off the dehumidifier and remove the water tank, then pour water from the black rubber.
- Ultra-Quiet: Small dehumidifier Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. Perfect use at night and a small room.
- Portable and Compact: Air dehumidifier is one button control and small size (7.10 x 5.10 x 11.20 inches), Perfect for control humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, the optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- Create Healthy & Comfortable Environment: According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems. Our dehumidifier starts work when the humidity more than 45%, it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you healthy and comfortable environment.
2. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier 2200 cubic Feet
Another best mini dehumidifier we recommend for bathroom use is this Pro Breeze electric dehumidifier for 150 – 215 sq ft. This device is effective in dehumidifying a large-spaced bathroom. You also use it in the basement, bedroom, kitchen, etc. It is also known to help users reduce electricity cost because it is energy efficient and consume only 0.55kW after running for a whole day. Its unique feature also includes a low noise level, making it perfect for the indoor environment and healthy for people suffering from hypertension or any related illness that can be triggered by noise.
Pro Breeze is easy to operate, portable, and has an intelligent setting that automatically shuts off with an indicating LED light whenever the water tank is full. Like many mini dehumidifiers for the bathroom, you can easily dispense the water when the tank is full. It also has a powerful control button that enables you to operate the device with a slight click.
- Large Coverage 1200-2200 Cubic Feet: The Pro Breeze Dehumidifier can effectively cover up to 2200 cubic feet. This powerful dehumidifier removes up to 9 ounces of Water/Day in areas up to 215 square feet or 2200 cubic feet.
- Auto Shut-Off: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn on, indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
- Lightweight, Compact and Portable: Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Only works effectively above 15°C / 59°F.
- Ultra-Quiet & Energy Efficient: Whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices, at an output of 23W per hour, which means only using 0.55kW after running for 24 hours.
- Lowers Humidity: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, RV, trailer, garage, closet, cabinet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
3. Gocheer Portable Dehumidifier for Bathroom
If you need a highly effective mini dehumidifier for the bathroom, then you should own this product. One of the reasons this device qualify to be on our top list is its ability to work fast and dehumidify medium size room. This makes it suitable not only for a large bathroom but for a bedroom or other areas in a house. You can also conveniently move the device from one place to another. All you need to do is to change the location.
This device is known to work quietly, thereby, help to keep the environment calm and conducive. Just like many other mini dehumidifiers, Gocheer has an auto shut-off default setting that makes it shut down once the water tank is full. Furthermore, this device allows you to save more on electricity bills as it only consumes 1.15kW after operating for a whole day.
4. Afloia Electric Small Automatic Dehumidifier for Bathroom
We can choose Afloia as one of the best mini dehumidifiers for bathrooms because of its ability to quietly and quickly extract excess moisture in small-sized rooms, making it suitable for personal use.
Many mini dehumidifiers out there are always difficult to control—the good news. The manufacturer of this product thought of an easy way for children and adults to maintain their dehumidifier, making them install a single all-purpose button that allows them to control all its settings easily.
Afloia has an auto shut-off feature that serves as a signal whenever the water tank is full. This device is portable, easy to start, and comes with two years full guarantee for every buyer.
5. MADETEC Compact Dehumidifier for Bathroom.
Suppose your uttermost desire is to keep your bathroom in average humidity level, prevent unpleasant odor, protect your metal properties from mold spores and prevent wall condensation. In that case, you should own Madetec mini dehumidifier. This device works perfectly in any indoor area like a bathroom, bedroom, or kitchen. Madetec can function effectively in a 480 Sq.ft room and will operate quietly for a whole day. This device has a 2000ml water tank that makes it easy to maintain because you might not empty the tank for one or two days.
Furthermore, this device has a convenient handle that makes it easy to move from one room to another. Madetec is idle to use in working and home environments because it operates quietly. Unlike other dehumidifiers, this device comes with an attachable hose that allows free water drainage.
6. VATEEN portable dehumidifier
Vateen has lots of unique features that will convince you to go for it. Among the features are the three-timing modes that enable you to set the device to two or three different working hours or set it to the time you want it on or off without you having to monitor it. Aside from this, Vateen is perfect for personal use as it can effectively and quietly dehumidify a room space of 100-216 sq. ft with 22.5w power consumption.
Like other devices, Vateen is portable and has an auto shut-off mood that serves as a warning sign whenever the water tank is full. In addition, Vateen has an attractive lighting design that, when turned on, makes your room colorful. Most importantly, this device comes with a unique noise reduction setting that enables you to reduce its sound to any desired level.
Benefit of installing a dehumidifier in your bathroom
- Removes moisture: Excess moisture in the air can make your bathroom smell or uncomfortable to use. Therefore, it is essential to use a dehumidifier that will help you to keep your bathroom dry and, at the same time, eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Prevents mold growth: Some organisms such as mold often love to grow in a dark and humid area, and our bathroom is one of the places to see them since it is constantly damp. Consequently, molds might start growing and can lead to respiratory problems. Therefore, using a dehumidifier is essential to stop this from happening.
- Energy effective: Some mini dehumidifiers can run up to 24 hours non-stop while consuming less power and still protecting your bathroom than larger ones that consume more power and occupy more space.
- Purifies the air: One of the significant factors about a dehumidifier is that it guarantees you clean air to breathe in. Since most humid areas often produce unpleasant odors such as dusty smells and other dreadful smells that can invoke allergens and respiratory problems like asthmatic attacks, it is advisable to have a dehumidifier to help eliminate these odors.
Features to Consider When Buying The Best Mini Bathroom Dehumidifier.
- Size: The size of a home appliance cannot be neglected at the point of decision making. Therefore, it is essential to check whether the design of a mini dehumidifier suits your fantasy or not. It is also vital that you consider the available space in your bathroom and the size of the dehumidifier you want to buy. Ideally, it would help if you didn’t buy a dehumidifier that will occupy about one-third of your bathroom. Why? Because the size will not only make your bathroom occupied, it might also affect the positioning of your dehumidifier; thus, it will reduce the efficiency of that device.
- Maintenance rate: Every dehumidifier needs proper maintenance, but certain brands require strict maintenance than others. Having to clean or replace a specific part of your dehumidifier twice per day can be frustrating, so you should buy a product/brand that will be easy to use and maintain.
- Noise level: As much as you will like your indoor environment to be at the average humidity condition, you should also consider keeping your home calm which makes it essential to buy a mini dehumidifier that will work quietly. Moreover, a noisy dehumidifier might disturb you whenever you want to study indoors or rest.
- Programmable timer: The best mini dehumidifier for the bathroom is the type that allows for programming. Having the liberty to set your device’s working period (using a timer function) will relieve you of the stress of keeping a close watch on your dehumidifier.
Owning a mini dehumidifier for a bathroom goes beyond its price and design. It should operate fast and run for long hours to reduce moisture in the air, protect your walls and other metal properties from molds and bacterial. It would be best if you also went for the brand that fits your needs and guarantees your convenience in terms of the size, maintenance rate, energy consumption, mobility, level of noise, or any other features that suits your fantasy.
Haven provided a comprehensive list and descriptions of each product. We recommend Madtech and Vateen portable dehumidifiers as perfect brands to own. Although while Vateen cannot dehumidify a medium-sized bathroom like Madtech, both devices can be easily maintained and operated, and the two have a desirable speed rate. However, if your bathroom is large, we advise you to go for Madtech because it has the highest dehumidifying capacity, has the most accessible water drainage method, and is energy efficient. On the other hand, you can buy Vateen if you need a dehumidifier you can set to three different timing mode and can also serve as an interior decorator.